Friday, November 12, 2010

Car Parts #12

 
I have in the past few weeks painted 24 images in the series "Car Parts" to go with the remaining 4 or 5 paintings in this series from a year or so ago. I have destroyed 9 of the original paintings (by fire), having moved - on in style etc. Will in a few days paint more painting to be able to assemble a show ( of 24 ) from the remaining paintings to submit to galleries. You see, I have 24 frames, well, it is complicated. Those 24 frames are scheduled to hold shows at Museums in 2012, am trying to find venues untill then. In this series, I really take myself to a clinic on the reflective surfaces, and cropping images to the very minimum! Color is emotional, I play with perspective and proportion while concentrating on value and surface. At the end of the day, I still let the paint be PAINT! Run, drip, splat! Big brushes, bold marks! What great fun! So what a car should not look like........
Posted by Picasa

No comments: